Friday, December 13, 2013

Return Of The Jedi (Blogger)

Finally........Finally, Travis has come back to Blogging.  While the cheering and applause dies down, I do somewhat apologize for not blogging often. However, in my first post I did warn yall so one mustn't judge too harshly.  However, I plan to do much better.


Well, a lot has happened in these intervening months.  Marriages (sadly, not mine ), birthdays, and holidays.  Good times and more good times.  And even a special trip made by an even more special person down to Atlanta.  Yes, my sweet Miss Brittany came to Texas a couple of times.  And my little sister Kris as well.  They both came down for the first time for my birthday, which was pretty cool.  We had a good time, ate at Ironwood Grill which is always fantastic.  I had the Blackened Grouper, which, while flavorful, was very much a soft meated fish.  I prefer my fish to have more of a firm consistency, such as Mahi Mahi or Rainbow Trout or Catfish.
But, I digress.  We then proceeded to shop til we dropped.  The mall and some other places.  Just having a good time and making memories.


Lets see what else was there??? Oh yeah....kinda major.... I traveled to Tulsa for the wedding of Mr Justin Johnson and Ms Shelby Tucker.  It was a very pretty wedding.  Pretty ceremony with great music and the reception was cool.  We were treated to a special Flower Girl performance during the wedding.  Im sure Sisters Short and Hill were impressed at the comedic expertise of their little girls.  It was such a moving and inspiring performance.  I was trying so hard not to laugh and pay attention to the ceremony. But all in all, it was a wonderful occasion.  The reception was a very nice and fun little shindig.  It was outside on the church lawn.  There was a very large and spacious outdoor event style tent set up with yummy finger foods and very good drinks... And of course as they left, we all held multiple wire sparklers up in the air in hopes of creating a very smokey setting fro pictures.  Well, we accomplished that to perfection.  It did create a very cool scene as they quickly walked beneath all the glowing sparklers.  All in all, it was the perfect ending to their joyous and momentous occasion.  

Thanksgiving.... A time of giving thanks for the many blessings and bountiful provisions that God has provided for us.  When families come together and forget about the bad times and the hardships.  Relax, have fun, and eat more food than is really necessary.  We had all the folks come down.  The tradition of the Lee Family has been that every other year, we host in Atlanta.  The other years, we go down to South Louisiana, Fields, to have Thanksgiving with Uncle Terry and Aunt Kim at their house.  This was the year everyone comes to Atlanta.  So we had everyone, Kenneth Amanda and Stella, Uncle Terry and Aunt Kim, Meagan and James, Mom and Dad, and my very own, ever beautiful Princess, Miss Brittany Lyn.  This was our first Thanksgiving together as a couple.  It was a wonderful time with lots of memories and lots of laughs.   Admittedly, she was very nervous about meeting "Travis' family," but as I told her would happen, she quickly realized we are just a laid back Southern family who loves to have fun, eat, and fellowship.  She had a wonderful time and I hope this is not the last time we can share Thanksgiving together.  Either here or elsewhere.  


Whew!!!! The end is near folks ;)  Big plans are ahead for this travelin' Texan.  Lord willin' an the creek don't rise, I am planning to journey up to Tulsa in time for the Winter Season Celebration.  Since we dont really make a big deal out of Christmas, I have to call it something else lol  Yep, Christmas with my Princess and her family.  This will also be our first Christmas together as a couple.  Im sure this will be a special time for both of us ;) I know it shall for me.... And IMMEDIATELY  following Christmas is the Winter Heritage Youth Conference!!!!!!!!!!!  Soooo excited to go to WH this year!!!!!!!  Eld. Robert Davis is preaching the night services Thursday and Friday, and Bros. Betts and Looper are preaching the morning services on Friday.  Eld. Robert Davis is one of my favorite preachers and a lifelong family friend so I am very excited to get to see and hear him preach.  I've been told that a long time ago, Bro Betts preached for us here in ATL, however I was a small child and have no recollection of that event.  As such, I will just say that I've never heard him preach.  Neither have I heard Bro Looper preach.  All this makes for an exciting line-up this year...... PLUS, it is the extremely rare occurrence of me being able to see my beautiful Miss Brittany TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!!!!!!!  I dee-claire, its almost too much for this ol boy's heart to handle.  


And now you know the rest of the story.  Well, not quite.  I haven't told all I know, because I need some more stuff to post about so, I'll keep a few tidbits tucked away.  So, Uncle Terry, you will be most thrilled and marginally proud of me for giving you a Brand New Post to read.  Albeit, after waiting two months, but hey..... I did manage to meet your 6 month deadline  :):):)  Anyways, people....Be safe over the next couple of weeks, especially if you are in areas prone to ice and snow.  Have a wonderful Christmas, or 'Holiday Season' if you prefer, and may God bless ya'll. God Bless 'Merica!!!! Of course, God has already blessed and continues to bless Texas!!!!!



Until we meet again in Cyberspace,

-T. Edward Lee II































4 comments:

  1. Welcome back bro! Hopefully when we go to heritage we can go to Pappadueax's and get some Mahi. I've been cravin it for some time. Look forward to seeing you at Christmas time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessir, we will indeed partake of some fresh Mahi Mahi whilst at WH. It will be good to see you again my brother! 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Now with great anticipation we began the long wait once again. :-)

    ReplyDelete