Monday, January 21, 2013

My Girl :)

So, as most of ya'll know, I have the best girlfriend ever.  Or maybe you don't because she isn't yours :)   Well, just trust me on this one, here.  Miss Brittany Lyn is seriously the best.  Also, the most beautiful, but maybe I am a little biased on that one, but hey, why shouldn't I be?  So, Miss Brittany and her family came left the barren and forsaken land of Oklahoma and journeyed to the Land of Dreams and Freedom, The Republic of Texas.  Oh, what a time it was!!!  Memories for a lifetime were made.


So they rolled into the Metropolis of Atlanta, TX around 9pm-ish.  Mom had made her famous Gumbo and we sat down to a wonderful meal and great fellowship.  Lots of laughter and full bellies later, we looked at some old and hilarious pictures of my family and such like.  The best part was just spending time with Miss Brittany.  She is really an awesome person, if you dont know her you should meet her.  You will quickly find that she is a Godly and wonderful Apostolic young lady.  Hilarious, intelligent, and SOMETIMES ORNERY.  She has this ornery streak that she hides very well, but beware, it is just beneath the surface ready to wreak its havoc :)  I can say that because 1.) I am her boyfriend and 2.) Because I have fallen victim to it many times.  Beware ;)  


Saturday I had to work a little while in the evening so I slept a little bit later and headed off to work.  My family and hers went to Jefferson, Tx, which is an old historic riverboat port-town.  Lots of antique shops and great eating establishments are in the downtown district.  I will let her elucidate further of those adventures.  Around 530 they arrived in Texarkana to meet me at Lafferty's Home Center to head over to Olive Garden for supper.  She was able to meet the great staff here, Mark Lafferty (boss), Cindy (sales), and Pat (sales).  Mason was off on a camping trip so he missed the chance, sorry bud.  


Olive Garden was fantastic!!  As usual, we ate too much and ended up very full and satisfied with the dining experience.  Then it was off to the Central Mall for some shopping and hangout time together.  Surprise, surprise, Miss Brittany only bought one item.  And it wasn't even for her!!!!  Gave me a heart attack lol  She got a gift from me as well........Why?  Well, she is my girlfriend and she is pretty and she is amazing.  Three good reasons right there.  


So we then headed back to A-Town and went to the church for a bit of song practice.  Yes, we were blessed to have Miss Brittany and Miss Kristen Copeland sing for us Sunday.  Sunday morning they sang "Through It All" and did a fantastic job.  Sunday night they sang " God On the Mountain" and did a fantastic job as well.  Great moves of God in both services, especially the Altar Service.  Sunday Night was phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!  Oh man!  Ya'll should have been there to experience it.



After service Sunday morning, we met Sis Anita Harrod at Wright Patman Lake for a picture session.  I will post some when I can get them uploaded.  That was fun :)  I feel like the pictures will turn out wonderful.  Lots of good shots and some great locations for pictures at Wright Patman.  Then it was time for Sunday Night service.   Afterwards it was pizza and desert at our house.  And some more good times and laughter with the Copeland's.  Unfortunately, they couldn't stay forever.  I wish, but it was not feasible.  So, it was a round of good-byes and we-will-see-you-laters for everyone.  It was a teeny bit bittersweet for me, I must admit.  It was fun, and you know it had to end and you expected it.  But at the same time, you didn't want it to.  Oh well, I'm sure many more trips both directions are in the future.  At least, I hope so, if God wills.





Three sets of "Thank-Yous" need to be expressed. 


 First, to Eld. Gary Howard of TLC for allowing the Copeland's to make the trip down and also for giving his permission/blessing for Miss Brittany and I to see each other.  My most sincere and humble gratitude to you, sir......


Second, to Bro. and Sis. Copeland and Miss Kristen for consenting to come down as well.  You people are an amazing family and great people.  Thank for coming down and providing us with a good time.


Finally, to my wonderful Miss Brittany ;)  Thank-you for making the trip to Texas to come and see me.  You are a wonderful young-lady, I am proud to be your boyfriend, and you are the best and Godliest girlfriend to have.  And I shall send a photo CD as soon as I get mine.  Thank-you for helping to make some great memories...... 




Okay, that should suffice for now.  I will post some pics later and Im sure my sidekick will post some here later, when she feels like posting about it all.  But, for now, I bid my dillegent readers and followers a big Texas "ADIOS AMIGOS!!!!!!!"


Standing for the Republic,

Colonel Travis E. Lee, Army of the Republic of Texas

3 comments:

  1. AWW! This was sweet!
    Thank you to you and your family for having us; we had a blast. I can't wait to go back.
    I LOVED church. It's was so sweet and so sincere. Such sweet people.
    Thank you for fixing my phone. You're totally awesome....for real;)
    Until next time....
    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thank you for coming down here. It was great to get to see you again. Looking forward to what the future and God has in store ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll sound like you just met each other last week. haha. If I didn't know any better, I'd think ya'll actually kinda liked each other. =D =D =D
    Just messin whicha.
    I had fun this weekend. Church was the best!! Thanks for havin us, I hope ya'll don't think I'm too weird (or any more weird than you already thought).

    ReplyDelete