Monday, April 21, 2014

The Prodigal Returns :):):):)

  Wow!!!  I feel like I'm in a whole new world here folks.  I know it has been a looooooong time since I've posted, and I will try more diligently in the future to be more expedient with my postings.
 
  So much stuff has happened. I may have to make this a two part post or I may just hit the highlights.... We'll see :)
 
 
   First thing that happened was Winter Heritage 2013.  OH my! What preaching, what moves of God come down... Bro Betts, Eld. Robert Davis, and Bro Looper.  These Men of God walked in the Holy Ghost every time they came to the Pulpit to preach.  I think the most impactful was Bro Betts' message, "The Danger of Misplaced Love." He talked about Demas.  How that Demas had once loved God and the Truth. He followed Paul for awhile, but at some point in that time period, his love for God became misplaced and he turned to the World and gave his love to the World. I cannot put words onto this post that would convey the burden and power of God in that message adequately enough to do it justice.  You simply had to've been there yourself. 
 
 The Princess & I
The Awkwardest Awkward Family
 
 
 
   Let's see..... I guess we can skip quite a bit forward.  A few weeks ago, I traveled up to Tulsa and went on a little date with my cute Miss Britty Lyn.  Accompanied by the Stuarts, who had armed themselves with more laughs and  more fun than a barrel of monkeys, we went to Incredible Pizza to eat too much pizza and then we tried out the new Spring Town.  That was more than interesting... Folks we are talking about me... If you know me, you know I am not exactly a specimen of incredible athletic ability/physiology. Jumping on trampolines for 30 MINUTES is challenging.  Heh heh heh, I was flat wore out.  And then there was the Foam Pit.  It was quite funny really.  This Pit is the only place where you could literally drown in foam cubes.  Imagine quicksand made of foam... Its 7-8 feet deep. Every time you move it quickly adapts to your movements and takes you deeper. Again I am not the most athletic so it was an ordeal for sure......  The next day, Saturday, The Copelands and I traveled to Springfield to eat at the ever famous and legendary Lamberts, Home of the Throwed Rolls. It was just outstanding..... I had the special which was Prime Rib.  Hands down the best Prime Rib I have ever had. So tender and juicy.. Seasoned just enough, but still retaining the natural flavors of the beef.
 

                                                        The Prime Rib that was Prime :):):)
 
   After that wonderful meal, we headed over to Bass Pro for a little while. Now, I had been there once before many years ago when I was but a child.  I remember it being big, yet cannot clearly recall the memory of it all.  People, it is big.... very sprawling.  I believe it is the "Headquarters" Bass Pro. 
 My Princess, my little sister, and myself
 
 This Elk is 6x Life Size (15k lbs., 20ft tall, 26ft long, 12ft antler spread)
 
 City-Girl ready for the Lake :):)

 
 In front of the Alligator Gar tank
 
 Entire staircase both sides made of flintlock rifles
 

 
    All in all, it was just a fantabulous weekend.  Unfortunately, I was unable to make it for Sunday church. I hate that I missed it because I know that the service was great. I always enjoy being in service at The Lighthouse Church. 
 
   A couple weeks ago, my family and I went down to Vidor, TX to attend the Gulf Coast Apostolic Campmeeting. Eld. Bullock is a great man and he obviously is in tune with Mind of God when carefully selecting the men to preach the conference.  Eld Gary Howard, Bishop Tom Johnson, Bro Randall Bowling, and Bro Darrin Johns. All great Men of God, every one was anointed of the Holy Ghost and they walked in the Spirit. Preaching the message of the hour to everyone.  No matter who you were, sinner or saint or minister.  There was a gold mine to dig through in each message.  As always, the great people of the Vidor Church provided exceptional food and service after church.  They provide a meal for everyone during the day, and at night after church they provide for the ministers and their families. All very very good.  It was good to see people that I hadn't seen in a few years.  The church is always very friendly and welcoming. 
 
   Since we have not received our USB of the Campmeeting, the only pictures I have are a few sent to me by Britt and Kris.  They in turn received them from Miss Rebekah Bullock.  So all photos pertaining to GCAC 2014 on this particular post were indirectly provided by her.  I hope she doesn't mind the publication of her works if she, by chance, were to view this post :)
 
 Me and some guys from Pastor Joel Pace's church
 
 Youth Night Photo Collage
 
 Youth Night Photo Collage 2
 
 Local eating place called "Pop's Place"
 

 I believe this is Thursday Day Service. Youth Choir did
a tremendous job singing.  Directed by Miss Rebekah Bullock.
 

 
 And then following the Campmeeting, we were in revival for two weeks with the Sisler's from Wheelersburg, OH. Great family and he is an outstanding preacher.  He hits it in high gear from the outset, and doesn't slow down.  Anointed preaching and great moves of God happened.  I firmly believe that this was a pivotal point in our church.
 When I get the USB, I'll provide some more pictures of the Campmeeting and some of the Sisler's. 
 
 I think that is all for now.  Another post will be coming soon, my friends.  Likely celebrating the end of this semester.  It cannot come too soon for me :):):):)
 
So until that time comes again, stay strong my friends. Safety and Peace be upon you....
 
- Colonel Travis Lee, Army of the Republic of Texas

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated post: my girlfriend saw you at the bullocks service :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the lucky lady would be whom?? If you care to tell... I'm curious if I know her...

      Delete
  3. Monica Goats. I don't believe ya do. She's from the Phillips church there in vidor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world my friend. I know her and her sister Megan. They may not remember but we held a youth retreat in Arkansas a couple years an Bro Phillips church attended. So I do know them :) Like I said, small world my friend..

      Delete
    2. And my dad and Bro Phillips have been friends for many years as well....

      Delete
  4. Just a guess, but I would say you might have had some help from a Miss Brittany Lyn on updating the look of your blog. Much improved however it may have happened! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very small world lol I met you ok Tulsa a few years ago and you end up knowing my future wife who lives in Texas and whom I met in Fresno California. Miracles exist lol

    ReplyDelete