Thursday, September 19, 2013

Vacation???? You Mean They Even Exist Today!?!?!?

Wow!!!!! This year has FLOWN by!!! Seems like just a couple days ago it was New Years...  But now college has already started again.  And the year is more than halfway over.... OH THE HORROR!!!!!!! Actually it's not that bad really.... This spring I will have completed my prison term and will be eligible for parole.  Yes, I will hopefully graduate this Spring with my Bachelor's in Business Administration. Or BBA if you like acronyms.  In the future I will eventually attain my MBA, but not anytime soon.  I want to enjoy the idea of no school for awhile.  Like for years....  But before all that..... I took a vacation recently with my folkses.


We went to the George W. Bush Presidential Library at Southern Methodist University, SMU, which is over to Dallas.

Front Courtyard Entrance
Beam C-11 from one of the Twin Towers
You may notice the wall color change in the above picture....The dark gray area is the listing of all the names of the victims of the gutless and cowardly 9/11 massacre. There are six of those sections... A very sobering exhibit indeed.  The entire museum is obviously about George W. and Laura Bush.  It gives background of their lives in West/Central Texas as young people and goes from there.  A lot of audio sound bites and films adorn the exhibits, not only giving you a firsthand look into the whys and hows of his policies, but also how that his faith as a Christian and his bedrock principles guided those decisions and policies. To me, that was what I really came to admire the most about him after we left the museum. It was probably the most enjoyable museum I've been to... The Alamo being the only exception :):)  
The different pens he used to sign legislation....


Window from Air Force One presented by the crew members...
Inscription reads, " The Right Leader At The Right Time, Never Forgotten"

Just a few samples of legislation signed by Dubyah...Photo-bombed by Parents :)


Tuxedo and Dress worn @ the White House State of the Union Dinner


President T. Edward Lee, II

Thats all from the Library for now... I will most likely do a post of nothing but pictures from the Library.  They are many :):) Now we shall move on to the Perot Museum of Science.....

This place is pretty cool.  I havent done a Science Museum in years, so I think the little nerdy kid came out a whole lot during our foray into the museum.  They have many exhibits about Space, Animal Life, Natural Gas and Energy Sources, Gems and Minerals, Science and Engineering.  Those are the four main categories on each floor.  



Perspective... My dad is a full grown adult male standing  6'0".... Pretty good sized hand span... Childlike when placed into the plaster footprint of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.  The leg of this monstrosity of a lizard is as tall as the average male.  Why were dinosaurs created?? Personally, I believe it was a "Because I am God" move on God's part.  Just to show us the wonder of His power.  So that all of creation can stand in a testimony that there is a God.  


More pics of the floor....

Large Gold Nugget :):):):):):):):):):):):0


Various Quartz and Crystal formations


Quartz


Quartz and Gold


Various Amethyst and Adamite formations

Thus was our two day vacation in the Big "D."  Of course, we also did some shopping and some eating.  Speaking of, we ate at this fabulous Mexican Restaurant called "La Luna del Noche." It was very nice and the service was outstanding.  Very prompt and courteous wait staff, very generous portions on the entrees.  I would most definitely go back.  Excellent food!!!!


And that about wraps things up for now, my peeps.  Oh......... Yeah.........One small detail...........


The chances and possibilities of Miss Krissy Nicole and Miss Brittany Lyn coming down next weekend are pretty good. At least, thats the word on the streets.  Which is a kooky coincidence because that just happens to coincide with the Anniversary of my Birthday.  My 23 year Anniversary..... (technically, you have only one "birthday")... And I have to say I am looking forward to them coming down. Its been awhile since the last time.  We'll most probably likely maybe have a goofy time.  Eating and joking and laughing together.  I dont know what Dad Mom and Kris will do tho ROFL LOL.... I only kid......But anyways..



Thats all for now, peeps and peepettes.  I do apologize for the tardiness of this post, but cannot promise it wont ever happen again.  I know Travis too well for that ..... See yall at the next go 'round!!!



Your Friendly Neighborhood Blooger,

T. Edward Lee II
CEO East Texas Blogging Serivces, Inc.































2 comments:

  1. Thanks :) It was a total blast!!! High upon my list of recommendations for Museums......

    ReplyDelete