Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What Is Your Isaac??

So we are doing the year long Bible Reading program and I was at Genesis....Chapters 21-23.  The particular portion that caught my eye was were God told Abraham to offer Isaac as a sacrifice unto Him.  As  
I read the story, I had a thought pop into my head.......What Is My Isaac?  To the readers, What Is Your Isaac?  Really got me to thinking about what things in my life would please God if they were sacrificed.  What is it in your life that God would ask of you?  Bear in mind the fact that if it is your Isaac, then it will be something so precious to you.  Something that means a lot........But by doing so you gain the favour and trust of God.  You show Him that there is nothing in this world that can separate you from Him.   And one last point............Abraham didnt lose Isaac.  God provided the sacrifice when He saw Abraham meant business. He saw Abraham's faith and total trust and in the end He did not require Abraham to give up his promise.  Its  amazing how you can read a story and hear it preached so many times and suddenly something pops out at you.  The Bible could be read for a million years and I firmly believe something new could still be found within the depths of those Holy Scriptures.  



Just some food for thought today.....I will be shameless here.  I need some more followers.  My friend Bro. Michael Gonzales is getting lonely in the sidebar :)  So yeah, Brittany, Marissa, Jeron, all you bloggers help me out here please :):)    Tanks a million guys..... Alright thats it for now.  See ya'll at the next go-round.



- Colonel Travis, Army of the Republic of Texas ( aka God's Army)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. Boomer Sooner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Heh Heh!!!! Sooners got Boomered by Mistuh Johnny Football! Thanks for the warm welcome, many happy Mahi meals to you, good sir....

    ReplyDelete